Georgia 9th Congressional District
- NEW! March 20, 2018, 7:00 p.m. - Forsyth County Democrats. Guest speakers will be Steve Smith, candidate for Senate District 27, Anita Tucker, candidate for House District 25, and Stacey Abrams, candidate for Governor via Skype. Meeting will take place at McDonald and Son Funeral Home Community Room, 150 Sawnee Drive, Cumming, 30040. All are welcome.
- NEW! Saturday, March 24, 2018, 10:00 a.m. - Habersham County. March for our LIVES. Beginning at 10am, teachers, students, families and friends will rally in downtown Clarkesville, Georgia (555 Monroe Street) to demand that their lives and safety become a priority. Activities will include speeches from area students, teachers and community leaders, petitions to be signed by attendees to our elected officials for common sense gun laws and voter registration.
- Saturday, March 24, 2018, 10:30 a.m. - Dawson County Democrats. Speaker, Stacey Abrams, Democratic candidate for Governor. Dawson County Public library (342 Allen Street, Dawsonville, 30534); donuts, coffee, brief meeting at 10:00. Rep. Abrams at 11:15. (After the meeting we are going with Rep. Abrams up to the March for Our Lives Rally on the Dahlonega Square.)
- NEW! Saturday, March 24, 2018, 11:00 a.m. - Atlanta. March for Our Lives - Atlanta, GA.
- NEW! Saturday, March 24, 2018, 12:00 p.m. - Lumpkin County. Dahlonega March For Our Lives. Join us in Dahlonega to demand that our state and our nation take action NOW to enact meaningful gun control. Never Again. Dahlonega Gold Museum, 1 Public Square, Dahlonega, GA 30533. RSVP here.
- NEW! Saturday, March 24, 2018, 1:00 p.m. - Clarke County. Athens March For Our Lives. On March 24, the kids and families of March For Our Lives and Athens Anti-Discrimination Movement, UGA Students and Mom Demands Action will stand in solidarity with the survivors of the Stoneman Douglas High School massacre, to support school safety and push back against gun violence. March with us in Washington DC or march locally by meeting us at UGA Arch 1 pm. UGA Arch, Downtown Athens, Athens, GA 30601. RSVP here.
- Saturday, March 24, 2018, 6:00 p.m. - Rabun County Democrats. Stacy Abrams, Democratic Candidate For Governor will be in Rabun County. Location: Food Bank, 46 Plaza Way, Clayton, GA 30525.
- Saturday, March 31, 2018, 10:30 a.m. - Dawson County Democrats. Speaker, Stacey Evans, Democratic candidate for Governor; Dawson County Public Library. Coffee and donuts 10:00; John Noel (Public Service Commissioner Candidate) at 10:30; Stacey Evans at 11:15. John Noel has been helping Dawson County with a Climate Change program that is almost ready to send to all of you for your use—if you wish. He is a great candidate!
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018 - Earliest day for a registrar to mail an absentee ballot for the General Primary.
- NEW! Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 6:30 p.m. - Habersham County Democratic Party. Habersham Democrats will meet at the Cornelia Library, 301 N. Main Street, Cornelia, Georgia. We'll have several guest speakers, including David Cooper, candidate for 9th District Congress. For more information about the Habersham County Democrats go to: Facebook.com/HabershamDems.
- Monday, April 9, 2018, 6:00 p.m. - Dawson County Democrats. Snack and Chat, Dawsonville Tavern.
- Thursday, April 19, 2018, 6:30 p.m. - White County Democratic Party. April meeting at the Helen Library. John Noel, a candidate for the Georgia PSC, will provide information on the debacle of the expansion of the Plant Vogtle nuclear reactors.
- Monday, April 23, 2018 - Last day for a person to register and be eligible to vote in the General Primary.
- NEW! Saturday, May 5, 2018, 12:00 noon - Union County. Northeast Georgia Democratic Candidate Forum at Meeks Park (pavilion 3) in Blairsville. All statewide and local candidates are invited. Participating candidates will be provided an opportunity to speak, share campaign materials and solicit contributions. We are planning to serve food and beverages at the Forum.
We expect to attract Democrats from across the north Georgia region. The Forum is structured as a non-attribution event and we do not expect participating candidates to debate their opponents.
Meeks Park is conveniently located in the beautiful north Georgia mountains (Blairsville) with easy access from Georgia highway 515.
Candidates, contact Mary Mahoney, 605 Waterview Drive, Hiawassee, GA 30546, phone 706-487-9300 (call ∓ text), email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday, May 6, 2018 - Hall County Democrats. We’re planning our annual Multicultural Picnic. Mark your calendars and plan to join us at the Dogwood Pavilion in Longwood Park in Gainesville for an afternoon of family fun and fellowship. We will share details as we firm up speakers, menu, and activities.
- Thursday, May 10, 2018 - Earliest day to apply for an absentee ballot for November General Election.
- Saturday, May 12, 2018 - Mandatory Saturday Voting for the General Primary.
- Fridday, May 18, 2018 - Last day for a registrar to issue absentee ballots for the General Primary.
- Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - General Primary Election.
- Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - Earliest date for election of Democratic county committee members for 2018-2022 term. Election of county committee officers will occur on a date following election of these members.
- Friday, July 6, 2018 - Latest date for election of Democratic county committee members for 2018-2022 term. Election of county committee officers will occur on a date following election of these members.
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - Earliest day for a registrar to mail an absentee ballot for the November General/Special Election
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018 - Last day for a person to register and be eligible to vote in the November General Election and Runoff Election
- Monday, October 15, 2018 - Advanced (Absentee In-Person) Voting begins for the November General Election
- Saturday, October 27, 2018 - Mandatory Saturday Voting for the November General Election
- Friday, November 2, 2018 - Last day for a registrar to issue absentee ballots for the November General Election and Runoff Election
- Tuesday, November 6, 2018 - General Election.